Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Browse password-protected zip-archive

Hey Forum,

I switched from Faststone MaxView to IrfanView a couple of month ago and I'm loving it so far! IrfanView is the perfect swiss army knife without getting bloated over time. However, there is one single feature I really miss. In MaxView, you were able to browse password-protected zip-archive by rightclicking > Browse with MaxView. It's great if you, say, have some pictures of food you cooked but you don't want anyone to find out you're such a good cook. So you just zip the files, name them as you like, put them with your other pictures. Anyone can see the file, noone can see the pictures in it.

I already read about a request from 2008 or so, but I couldn't find any information on what happened to that request.

Pleeease impliment it, I'll shut up and ejoy this perfect piece of software forever.

Cheers.
    Last edited by insectinegate; 28.04.2013, 09:18 PM.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase!

Comment

Hi.

Like your idea. Personally - If I decide to password-protect any compresed file container, I do that because I won't have those files to intervene with any projects I'm working with. So when I ever want to look at those (If I remember the password) then I will unpack.
      If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.

Comment

Working...
      X