IrfanView freezes when moving with keyboard on multi-monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed IrfanView freezes when moving with keyboard on multi-monitors

In a multi-monitor setup, Irfanview freezes when moving the image window with the Windows-key in a particular way.

Specifically, it happens when you use the Windowskey+[arrowleft/arrowright] to move the image window TO the middle of a secondary monitor. My three monitors are arranged A-B-C from left to right, with B being the main one. If a window starts out in the middle of for example monitor B, the expected function of Windowskey+arrowleft is to make the window stick to the left side of monitor B, and with repeated presses stick to the right side of monitor A, then move to the "middle" of monitor A, and so on.

If I use this keyboard shortcut to move the Irfanview image display window to the "middle" of either secondary monitor A or C, the program freezes.

My system specs:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Irfanview v4.35
    CPU: Intel i7-3770K
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Z77 S-1155 ATX IVY
    RAM: Corsair 8GB DDR3 XMS3 VENGEANCE PC3-12800 1600MHZ CL8
    GPU: Sapphire HD7950 3GB
    Monitor B (main): 1920x1200 (VGA)
    Monitors A and C: 1024x1280 (DVI), rotated 90 degrees

Hi,

please contact Irfan directly with this issue. He usually doesn't read this forum.
    But it would be nice if you give us feedback of the answer / solution.

Best regards
    Nils

Comment

Irfan responded very quickly, and graciously sent me a test version that appears to fix the problem. So I guess we can expect the fix to be included in the next official version of the program.

Comment

Working...
      X