Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Option in properties/settings: Plugins: Fast Load Embedded image / Load CRW/CR2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Option in properties/settings: Plugins: Fast Load Embedded image / Load CRW/CR2.

Having used IrfanView for years this is an item I would love to see integrated:

Have an option in Properties/Settings -- Plugins, where one can choose to have the raw file loaded over the top of an already displayed imbedded image.

The result being, when I am whipping through a folder of just downloaded files and come upon one of those rare ones I want to keep, that the raw file has been loaded in just a few additional seconds, so I may take a closer look at it.
    If the file (picture) is not worth keeping, a "next" stroke would abort the raw loading process and jump to the next file.

I know I can go into Prop/Set / Plugins and un-check "try to load embedded preview image" and make sure (in my case) "Try to load CRW/CR2..." is checked and then reload the file.

It would be great to see the quick choice of eliminating the bad and seeing the good in their RAW state in a short single action, instead of the (as many as) seven steps now involved.

Thanks,
    Rob't
    This would save me a LOT of time
    0%
    handy, I might use that.
    0%
    eh...
    0%
    Lightroom already does that, slowly.
    0%
    My processor is already slow
    0%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Robt.sr; 03.06.2013, 06:15 AM.

Hi!

I usually set IV to load preview images (and sometimes half size images). For me it would be enough to have a quick way - a shortcut or a menu command - to "reload at full resolution" (like Zoner) or "display in actual (full) size" (Faststone).

Have a nice day,
    Jacal
    IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Working...
    X