Flash disk removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Flash disk removal

So, if you edit things on flash disk, remove it, then iv bugs you there is no drive in, no way to ignore that.
    There are three buttons cancel, ... none of them works unless you reinsert flashdisk.
    Ultimately if you persist on those three buttons iv hangs.

I thought perhaps your problem was related to what you had set against "Set program start folder" in the Start/Exit Options tab of Properties/Settings, but I cannot reproduce what you describe for any of the 3 settings (Irfanview v4.35).
    When are you removing the flash disk - with Irfanview closed, Irfanview still open but showing an image from a folder on your hard drive, or Irfanview still open and showing the image from the flash disk? The last of those you should not do. If you use the "Safely remove hardware" feature in Windows it will not allow you to.

Comment

I remember having this problem many, many years ago, but I have not experienced it since. - So I wonder which version of Irfanview you are running. Also, which operating system?

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

4.35, win7

Irfanview still open but showing an image from a folder on my flash disk --> flash disk removal

IV offers cancel/continue/ I don't remember 3.th option out of head

None of those works, but they suggest they should.
        Last edited by BubikolRamios; 16.06.2013, 07:50 PM.

Comment

I still cannot reproduce your problem even by removing a flash drive in the middle of viewing images from it. Is this "flash disk" plugged directly into a slot, such as an SD card slot on your computer, or into a USB socket? I do not think that will make any difference but it might if the card is still in a camera and connected by a cable to a USB socket.

Comment

SD card reader via usb plug.

1. insert card - windows dialog autoplay pops up - open folder to wiev files
            2. navigate to file on card, dbl click - opens by default with iv
            3. remove card
            4. double click on image to go full screen
            5. doble click image --> there is no disk .....

with some luck you will get your windows 7 taskbar disapeared (All you see is round win logo at left most bottom spot, all to right is blank blue). Luckilly there is ALT+Tab.

you dont need to restart win to get that back -- just recreate situation with no card in IV, reinsert card and click retry, and it will come back - only tested that once.
            Last edited by BubikolRamios; 16.06.2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

I followed your recipe as closely as I could but still do not get what you do.
              If you open an image with the card plugged in then you save a list of all the other files that were in the same folder on the card and clearly, after you remove the card, Irfanview cannot open the next image in that list, which is what you are trying to do in your step 5.
              I just get the End of folder dialog though and the options in that dialog do not cause any problems. So I still do not know what dialog box you are seeing that causes the system lockup.

Comment

Working...
              X