Unicode Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Unicode Problem

I downloaded some pix with IE-9. When tried to open the error pops up " for unicode file names pl activate the unicode plug-in in Properties > Languages

Click image for larger version

Name:	Uncode-error.png
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	84625

The files open with paint and other apps without any problem.

Did you activate the Unicode plugin as recommended?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Unicode is only one possible reason for that error message and, in this case, probably not the right one since the file name appears to only contain Ascii characters. The image probably has the incorrect header for a Jpeg file. See if you can find a program that will open it and re-save with a correct header. Faststone image viewer is quite good at opening files with incorrect headers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        Did you activate the Unicode plugin as recommended?
        Thanks
        I didn't found any plug-in in Irfanview folder /Plug-ins or anywhere. Should I click in Filemenu =>view =>> encoding for ???

Comment

It opens with paint. But the problem is in the folder "All sizes Sunflowers- Sončnice Flickr - Photo Sharing!_files" as its own name by the website and if I save outside of its folder with a changed name or original name it does not open with irfan; but if saved or copy/ move outside the folder it opens with irfan as well as with other.

Comment

Download and install the plugins from the IrfanView site. Enable the Unicode plugin in Properties, Languages.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks. Resolved

Comment

Working...
              X