• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported v 4.36 - PDF save error

Hi,

Hopefully i explain this clearly.

Open any image in irfanview > save as PDF

Do you get the "PDF Save Error!" msgbox?

If yes, Close irfanview

Now open any image again and SAVE AS..
    (remembers last output option as PDF).

No error this time.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks,
    J

I can not confirm this, because i get no "PDF Save Error!" msgbox. Everything works fine. What is your version??

Comment

Hi JDKOOPS. Do read and take note of the "sticky" above your post called Reporting bugs. It is very difficult to help people unless they supply full details of what they are using and everything that they see. What GKA has said is about all that most users could say in reply to your post.

If you see the PDF Save Error message before any dialog boxes appear it usually means that Irfanview either cannot find or cannot access the plugin that it requires, which is IMPDF.DLL
      From the Help menu select Installed plugins ... and wait for the list of installed plugins to be displayed. If you are using the latest version of Irfanview, version 4.36, then you should also be using the latest version of the plugin IMPDF.DLL, which is version 0.90

With what you have told us though, I have no clue as to why it might work on the second attempt to save and not on the first.

Comment

Perhaps this can be of some help,

I've had a similar problem after upgrading to 4.36 - the same error message and IV was unable to save PDFs. The file IMPDF.DLL was where it should be, and it was listed under Installed PlugIns, but without version info. I don't know, what went wrong, but a simple reinstallation of plugins solved the problem.

Win7/64 hp
        IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by Jacal View Post
          Perhaps this can be of some help,

I've had a similar problem after upgrading to 4.36 - the same error message and IV was unable to save PDFs. The file IMPDF.DLL was where it should be, and it was listed under Installed PlugIns, but without version info. I don't know, what went wrong, but a simple reinstallation of plugins solved the problem.

Win7/64 hp
          I have tried to reinstall just the 4.36 plugins AND the main EXE and plugins. I've also redownloaded the lot. in no case can I save a PDF. I can save any image format, no problem. pdf's, though, are out. other suggestions welcome, to include me going back to pdfcreator (something I ran screaming from earlier this month)...

Comment

At the moment it works here flawlessly on two win7/64 machines. I did have these kind of problem in the past and also fixed it after some fiddling, but never really found out, what the cause was.

This might sound silly, but have you tried both options, 'save' and 'save as'?
            IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by Jacal View Post
              At the moment it works here flawlessly on two win7/64 machines. I did have these kind of problem in the past and also fixed it after some fiddling, but never really found out, what the cause was.

This might sound silly, but have you tried both options, 'save' and 'save as'?
              tried both, same error...

Comment

I found IMPDF.DLL absent from the Plugins directory. Copying it into that directory from the 4.35 zip file made saving to PDF work.

The error msgbox, "PDF save error," is conveys little information. A more informative msgbox would say, "PDF plugin IMPDF.DLL not found."

Comment

impdf.dll not found

Originally posted by JPF View Post
                  I found IMPDF.DLL absent from the Plugins directory. Copying it into that directory from the 4.35 zip file made saving to PDF work.

The error msgbox, "PDF save error," is conveys little information. A more informative msgbox would say, "PDF plugin IMPDF.DLL not found."
                  this, unfortunately, did not fix the problem, as i did have a copy of impdf.dll in the plugins folder... thank you, though, for another possible fix...

Comment

No problem here either.

It could perhaps be a problem with the file name or path being too long or containing unusual characters. Try saving it to another location with a short file name.
                    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
                    X