Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumbnails of MOV files

Hi,

I found a couple of threads regarding thumbnails in IV, but not for this file type. I'm using Win7, by the way. IV is version 4.27.
    I'm seeing thumbnails for AVI files when going into the IV browser ("Browse with IrfanView" shell extension or selecting File -> Thumbnails in the viewer). I can play AVI and MOV files without any troubles with the internal video player. But I have the option "Use QuickTime for MOV ... " unselected. As I said, MOVs play just fine. PlugIns are installed via the "All PlugIns" file.

In the Windows Explorer I also see thumbnails for all kinds of video files, and they're associated with the standard Mediaplayer of Win7. So they're being played with it too when I double-click any of them.

However, I do not see thumbnails of MOV files in the thumbnail/browser application of IV. All I see there is the standard movie file icon of Windows. Would be nice if the preview frame of the video would show there too, like for AVIs. Do I have to install QuickTime to get these thumbnails? Actually I do not really want to install it because in my experience QuickTime tends to mess up most file associations. Sure, - it's manageable, but still a pain in the butt. And just for the sake of these thumbnails I do not intend to install such a large software package when all kinds of playback of these files work without it already. But maybe there's another way of getting MOV thumbnails to show in IV ... ?!

Thanks in advance.

Mac

PS: I put this question into the German speaking forum as well: Link
    Maybe there will be advice from someone not observing in here. I will refer to either one of the threads in this case.
    Last edited by MacView; 13.07.2013, 08:09 AM.
Working...
X