No announcement yet.

Image caching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then use the directory index to skip by 40 images at a time. Not sure how that will help. Surely you want to select the next image to be viewed, which can be done in Thumbnail view.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

First, do you use bilinear interpolation or bicubic interpolation?

Comment

I want to go to the next or previous file quickly. But IrfanView is few times slower than it should be and become slower everyday.

This is not only about precaching. It is really slow. And it can be optimized.

in Thumbnail view
        No. Switching to thumbnail view and searching needed image is even slower. And I just want to view my images not search needed image every time.

Comment

Maybe if I donate can you solve performance issues? I cannot donate much (up to 100$ dependent on what you fix). It is not improvements only for me, I think performance is important for every user.

Comment

Originally posted by sukidayo View Post
            No. Switching to thumbnail view and searching needed image is even slower. And I just want to view my images not search needed image every time.
            How come? You would only need to load the images that you actually wish to view, none of the intermediate images, which is what is currently slowing you down.

If you have a dual monitor system you can view the images on the secondary monitor, if not, then just double-click to open the next image, and Alt+Tab to return to the thumbnails view.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I do not know what images I want to view beforehand. So if I want to skip some count of images I need to switch to thumbnail mode and then choose needed image. That sucks.

just double-click to open the next image, and Alt+Tab to return
              That sucks.

Also maybe I want to view image fast. I can quickly view 4 or 5 images in one second but the program allows me to view only one image. Of course I will not view every image such fast but some of them.

I already wrote above that normal delay is up to 150 ms. But the program has 400-1000 ms and will have even more in future. Viewing images becomes a torment.

Also when I press "left" or "right" key I want to see next image immediately with 0 ms delay.
              Last edited by sukidayo; 16.04.2018, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sukidayo View Post
                I can go to previous/next 5th file using Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn or arrows. It would be nice if Alt key would allow to go to 10th file and Ctrl+Alt to 20th file.
                Ctrl+n , where 1<= n <=9, forwards n files
                Ctrl+0 forwards 10 files,
                Ctrl+Shift+n , where 1<= n <= 9, backs up n files

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

You do not have to load all the files in a folder every time you open Irfanview. Why not use Windows/file explorer to preview what you want to load? You will need to open an Irfanview window first which can be small and/or empty for quick viewing. Select what files you want to load using holding down Shift or Ctrl keys to choose blocks or separate Files as you want. Then click on the first highlighted file and drag and drop them into the Irafnview window. Only the selected files are put into the list for browsing and you can quickly open anyyou want to see in fullscreen by using Enter key.

Comment

Working...
                  X