Can not batch convert bmp to jpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not batch convert bmp to jpg

Greetings - I've used irfanview for many years. I'm using V4.36 .

I'm trying to batch convert bmp files to jpg. I start by selecting "File>Batch Conversion/Rename". I navigate to the folder to get the files ("Look in:"). Underneath where the original files are displayed is a drop-down box ("Files of type:"). Problem is, the file type "BMP" is not listed in the drop-down box. Consequently, it will not display any bmp files for me to select.

I'm sure I have batch converted bmp to jpg before using irfanview. How do I fix this problem?

By the way, I can select "File>Open..." and select a bmp file then save it as a jpg, but I have 100's of files to convert! Doing them individually will be a pain.

BMP/DIB/RLE Windows Bitmap is listed here. You could always use "Common Graphic Files" or "All Files" instead.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      BMP/DIB/RLE Windows Bitmap is listed here. You could always use "Common Graphic Files" or "All Files" instead.
      At first I said to myself, "I've never seen 'BMP/DIB/RLE' nor 'All Files' in the drop-down list" (screen shot attached)

I opened irfanview to the Batch Conversion screen and thought maybe there's a scroll bar off my screen on the right side. When I dragged the Batch Conversion screen to the left and opened the drop-down box.... "There they were!"

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Your forum profile needs updating — it says you're using IV 4.33.

There is something not normal about your screen shot. I suggest reinstalling IrfanView and its plugins to make sure everything is up to date and matching.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

There is nothing unusual with that screenshot, Bhikkhu. The problem is that the list of Raw data formats (the line that starts with DCR/...) is now so long that the dropdown box often stretches right off the edge of the screen. You then cannot see the vertical scroll bar.

On my widescreen monitor the left hand edge of the Irfanview window must be a minimum of 1070 pixels from the right hand edge of the screen to avoid that happening. I imagine that if you have a monitor screen that is less than 1070 pixels wide, it will happen all the time.
          Last edited by Mij; 24.08.2013, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
            There is nothing unusual with that screenshot, Bhikkhu. The problem is that the list of Raw data formats (the line that starts with DCR/...) is now so long that the dropdown box often stretches right off the edge of the screen. You then cannot see the vertical scroll bar.
            No such problem here on my 1280 x 1024 monitor.

Are there perhaps some new plugins that are causing this problem? I am using 4.36
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 25.08.2013, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Interesting. No, I do not think it is anything to do with new plugins.
              I have a 1920x1080 screen and Windows 7, while you have 1280x1024 and Windows XP. One of those factors may be the reason for the differences (or may not).

These are the top half of the dropdown box that I see in, from left to right, Irfanview v4.28, v4.33 and v4.36. The first (4.28) has no plugins while v4.33 and v4.36 have a full set of plugins appropriate to their version number.
              Attached Files

Comment

It's apparently an OS thing — I see the same problem in Windows 7.

Comment

Working...
                X