Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved IV and WIN7, can not load PDF's files

Hi,
    I use IV since years ago and modified numberts of PDF's files on Windows NT, XP, Vista with no problem.
    I can't load such files on Windows seven. error message: can't find gs. Gs is still installed. What is the problem please
    Thanks for any solution.
    Kerscolan

Please search for other threads on "Ghostscript."

It may be that you have the 64-bit version installed. IrfanView needs the 32-bit version.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

IV and WIN7, can not load PDF's files

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Please search for other threads on "Ghostscript."

It may be that you have the 64-bit version installed. IrfanView needs the 32-bit version.
      Thanks for this information
      but I have tested the 32 bit version first and then the 64 bit version with same error !
      May be Ghostscript does be installed before IV ? (with 32 bit version of course !)

I search for any other treads on Ghostscript.

Kerscolan

Comment

I do not think the order of installation matters. I have 32 bit Windows 7 and that works fine. AFAIK Irfanview will work in either Program Files or Program Files(64) but of course you also need Postcript.dll installed in its Plugins folder to open PDFs and I suspect that plugin might expect Ghostscript32 to be installed in Program Files, not Program Files(64).

The attachments show where I have gs9.04 and postscript.dll

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ghostscript.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	81049 Click image for larger version

Name:	Postscript.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	81050
        Last edited by Mij; 21.09.2013, 10:19 PM.

Comment

An old topic, ...
          Please use the Advanced Search with the Tag "can't open pdf" or see my answer in the thread "Another Ghostscript linking to IrfanView problem."!

Originally posted by Frank View Post

I think you don't have installed the Postscript plugin!
          (The downloads of all plugins you find on IrfanView Plugins site!)

-----------------------------------------------------------

To open PDF files with IrfanView it's necessary to install Ghostscript and the Postscript plugin!
          With Postscript plugin (and Ghostscript) IrfanView is able to read EPS, PS and PDF formats!

see:

Until now the actual version is "GPL Ghostscript 9.07"!

see:

Download Ghostscript for free. The #1 PDL conversion tool available today. Ghostscript is an interpreter for the PostScript® language and PDF files. It is available under either the GNU GPL Affero license or licensed for commercial use from Artifex Software, Inc.

Free, secure and fast downloads from the largest Open Source applications and software directory - SourceForge.net

And because IrfanView is a 32bit application, you must use also a 32bit version of Ghostscript!

To write PDF files with IrfanView it's necessary to install the ImPDF plugin!

Then IrfanView is able to write the PDF format!

regards
          Frank

The downloads of the Postscript and ImPDF plugin you find on IrfanView Plugins site!

Comment

Hi all,
            Thanks for this responds, but I can't load PDF's after I controlled all these tips ! I have all the plugins installed and precisely the postscript plugin. Ghostscript is intalled in "Programmes/gs9.10" folder (I am in France) and I have configured i_view.ini to find gsdll32.dll in "Programmes/gs9.10/bin/gsdll32.dll" whithout any result !
            What to do ?
            Any help is welcome.

Kerscolan

Comment

Do also confirm that Irfanview can see the Postscript plugin. Press Help > Installed plugins.. . Wait for them all to be listed and check that the list contains POSTCRIPT.DLL at v4.33

Comment

Hi Mij,
                Thanks for your suggestion, but the plugin postscipt.dll is stil there, version 4.33 !
                I have tested and same error: "Ghostscript not found"
                Kerscolan

Comment

I have IrfanView 4.36 installed on a new Windows 7 64-bit system.

1. I went to the Sourceforge link provided by Frank
                  2. I downloaded the 32-bit version of Ghostscript 9.10 (the latest version) -
                  3. http://sourceforge.net/projects/ghos...2.exe/download
                  4. I installed it to C:\Program Files (x86)\gs
                  5. I ran IrfanView and dragged a 13 page PDF file into it.
                  6. It worked exactly as expected
                  Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi,
                    Thanks for these informations. I have worked as you indicate, may be I have mispelled the full PATH with slashes. I will try with backslashes ...

Kerscolan

Comment

Hi all,
                      SOLVED: I have downloaded Ghostscript v 9.04 and all run fine ! v 9.10 don't load !
                      Many thanks to those who have posted on that thread.
                      Kerscolan

Comment

Same problem here:
                        Last version of GPL ghostscript that is working for me is 9.07.
                        GPL ghostscript versions 9.09 and 9.10 do not work for me.

I'm running Irfan View 4.37 on a German localized Windows 7 x64 Professional.

Comment

That's it! Cor blimey!
                          Thank's a lot to those who have posted here.
                          With IV 4.38 I have had the some Problems and now it works with gs907w32.
                          By the way: I use parallel gs907w64 with FreePDF.

Comment

Working...
                          X