copy path to clipboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested copy path to clipboard

I have very simple little feature request, that should be really easy to implement, and without feature creep for IrfanView's objectives:

How about a shortcut or menu option to copy the full path to the image that is currently open/viewed to the clipboard... ?

There is really no need for this. You can copy it from the information dialogue: i, Tab, Tab, Tab, Ctrl C.

C:\Users\Bhikkhu Pesala\Pictures\PNG\High Resolution\IMG_7497.png
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I wish there was a button in menu bar that I can click on and it copies full path.

Another problem is that if I click in the info box 3 times on full path it doesn't select all path (this works in entire windows but not in irfanview software), ctr+a also doesn't work to select it all. Why is it made so hard to copy it? I have to manually select from start to beginning and then copy it...

Can developer add a copy button at the end of that path at least?
      Last edited by userx; 08.07.2021, 05:36 PM.

Comment

As Bhikkhu Pesala said, you can copy the path pretty quickly using a keyboard.
        My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Originally posted by userx View Post
          Why is it made so hard to copy it?
          It is not hard at all.
          • Using the Mouse only: Click on Info button, Right-click on Full path, Select All, Right-click, Copy, Close
          • Using the Keyboard only: i, Tab, Tab, Tab, Ctrl+C, Escape.

Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

SHIFT+ p is even simpler

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Originally posted by jazzman View Post
              SHIFT+ p is even simpler
              That shortcut is well hidden. I see it in the Help file hotkeys, but where is it on the UI?

Comment

Working...
              X