Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are Saved Profiles kept for Batch Conversion

Dear Team,

I have been saving profiles in the Batch Conversion area of Infanview. For example, Batch Conversion Settings Output Format and Advanced Options, as well as Batch Rename Settings.

However, for the purposes of backup and restoration, I cannot find where they are stored in Infanview.

Can you please suggest possible places they could be?

I cannot recall either which option I used during installation in relation to where I keep Configuration details.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by au.colins; 27.10.2013, 09:22 AM. Reason: bad grammar in title...

The settings can be saved wherever you want — so check the dialogue when you use Load settings or Save settings.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      The settings can be saved wherever you want — so check the dialogue when you use Load settings or Save settings.
      On review, this only seems to be true with Advanced Options, but not with Output Format or Name Options. Those two are still a mystery to me.

Comment

In the .ini-file there are variables in the [Batch] section, e.g.

RenamePattern=
        RenamePattern0=
        RenamePattern1=
        RenamePattern2=
        RenamePattern3=

Whether these will be included when you save from within the "Advanced" dialog, I haven't checked.
        Last edited by jazzman; 27.10.2013, 11:49 AM.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Originally posted by jazzman View Post
          In the .ini-file there are variables in the [Batch] section, e.g.
          RenamePattern= RenamePattern0= RenamePattern1= RenamePattern2= RenamePattern3=
          Whether these will be included when you save from within the "Advanced" dialog, I haven't checked.
          The current settings in the main Batch conversion dialog, the Batch rename dialog and the Advanced dialog are all automatically saved in the i_view32.ini file to be displayed in the respective dialogs again when you next open Batch.

What you save manually from within the Advanced dialog are just the settings in that dialog box. As Bhikkhu says those can be saved as an ini file with whatever name you enter and wherever you choose to put it. When you load them again in the Advanced dialog they replace the current settings there and will then be automatically saved in the i_view32.ini file as the current settings for that dialog.

Comment

Working...
          X