Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Save pics with PNG and a specific compression level via command line option possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save pics with PNG and a specific compression level via command line option possible?

Hello folks

I am using the following command line options to capture a custom region and save it automatically to a specific directory and at the same in the clipboard with a JPEG-Quality 75%:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" /capture=4 /resample /jpgq=75 /clipcopy /convert=H:\Screenshots\Screenshot - $U(%d.%m.%Y - %H.%M.%S).jpg

Is there any command line which allows me to save the images with PNG and a specific compression level?

I think it will just use the current compression settings on the PNG save dialogue.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi and thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately IrfanView doesn't use the current compression Level from the png Save dialoque...

Comment

Then try FastStone Capture. Version 5.3 is freeware and will do what you need.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

We using IrfanView in our company, so it's not that easy to switch to another Software.

Greets,
          Chris

Comment

Working...
          X