Crash when calling IrfanPaint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash when calling IrfanPaint

I had used IrfanPaint for a long time and then one day, with the same versions of i_view32 and Paint.dll, IV crashed as I tried to start IrfanPaint. Getting new versions didn't help. In the archive I read reports of IV crashing when calling Paint, but saw no solution. What might be the reason? The Paint thread is closed.

I cannot remember reports of Irfanview crashing when the IrfanPaint plugin was opened. It was usually while it was being used, and especially when saving files and sometimes when closing the plugin. Most of those problems were sorted out though while the plugin author was still supporting it.

You have not given us anything like enough information to suggest a reason why it might be happening. Does it happen every time you try to open it with any image file that happens to be displayed? What size (in pixels) are the images you are working with?

Comment

Sorry for not being clear enough and thank you! You reply made me look for a reason elsewhere. Turns out, the crash was due to the name of the IV folder that had Cyrillic characters in it.
      Just in case, a similar problem.

Comment

Working...
      X