Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported glitches while displaying multi-frame hi-color GIF

hi,

one way[*] to create hi-color pictures in GIF files is to use multiframe pictures with transparencies. IV 4.37 seems to have have problems to display such images
    for example http://tweakers.net/ext/f/L9kEhvvZMi...oyh9P/full.gif (the full article is available there)

[*] the other way is to create a multi-block GIF

I expect Irfan Skiljan will just tell you that it is not a valid GIF image. Several other programs I tried also did not open it, or opened it but would not display it.

Browsers will open it and display it OK.

Contact Irfan directly if you want to. I wouldn't want to bother him with this. I am sure he knows about it already.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

this GIF image is definitely a valid GIF image. it's a simple animated GIF with lots of pixels in each frame being drawn in the so called "transparent" color in order for the underlying previously drawn pixels be visible.
      moreover, you can see on this smaller version that IV knows how to display such GIF files
      this slowed down version may help you to understand how it works

in fact, the only problem is that IV clears the frame buffer at the end of the animation cycle before starting a new one, hence the flashing effect.

Comment

Working...
      X