Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create multipage PDF file - W7 spesific issue

Hi.

Just upgraded Irfanview to version 4.37, included the all plugins package.

Problem:
    In the "Create multipage PDF file" dialog box, when I click on the "Create PDF image", nothing is done. Next is that the dialog box showing "Operation successfull !" appears.
    The "Save PDF" dialog box does not appear at all.
    No PDF file is saved.

The problem also seems to affect also "Create multiple TIF".

I have another computer running XP that have same version of IV + addon pack installed, and I have no problems using IV to create PDF.

Any ideas?
    If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.

It works for me. How many images did you add to the dialogue? Were they all images, or did some other file types get mixed in with them?

Does the output folder have write permission?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      It works for me. How many images did you add to the dialogue? Were they all images, or did some other file types get mixed in with them?
      All input files was jpg images. Don't remember if all of them had the same size.
      I tried at first with close to hundred images (100 - 200 kB in disk size), then I reduced to 4 images. Same result.

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Does the output folder have write permission?
      It is a work computer where alle work files is on a file server, so I guess I need to check that IV actuallly runs with same permission and under same user as I do.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try tomorrow to save on a local disc and see if that makes any difference

Comment

Problem persists

Hi again.

Now I have tried the following to try to resolve the problem, no luck:
        • Complete reinstall (with uninstall first) of Irfanview, including plugins.
        • Under install procedure, I selected settings to be stored under Windows program settings (not INI file, as it was before)
        • Start IV as administrator.
        • Start IV in XP mode
        • Converting files that was located on a local drive with full permission to current user.

So for now, my conclusion is that the "Multipage PDF plugin" just refuse to work on that computer

Comment

Hi,

have you installed GhostScript (32 Bit version) on your computer?

Regards
          Nils

Comment

Originally posted by derniwi View Post
            Hi,

have you installed GhostScript (32 Bit version) on your computer?

Regards
            Nils
            Hi. I have Bulllzip PDF printer installed, I probably have the Ghostscript Lite installed. Does IV multipage plugin require a new version of Ghostscript, and will Ghostscript Lite be enough?

Anyway, I can try installing the wole Ghostscript package tomorrow and see if it works.

Comment

Hi.

I had Ghostscript Lite 8.70 installed. I uninstalled that and installed Ghostscript 9.10 for Windows 32-bit. Did not help

Any other ideas what may be wrong?

Comment

Working...
              X