Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fit images to desktop width, in Fullscreen mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Fit images to desktop width, in Fullscreen mode?

Hi, I love Irfanview, its great program.

I like this feature especially, it is very nice:
    "View > Display options (window mode) > Fit images to desktop width"

It is good for portrait mode when there is little width and most images get cutoff on the sides.

I look for the same option "Fit images to desktop width" in the "View > Show Fullscreen options..." but there is no Fit to width. I only see Fit to screen which cuts off most images on the sides, and Stretch all images which gives wrong aspect ratio.

Is possible to add this very useful option "Fit images to desktop width" also into Fullscreen mode?
    Last edited by rcll; 08.07.2008, 03:30 AM. Reason: mistake

Use windowed mode instead, but remove the screen furniture: Alt Shift S, Alt Shift T, Alt Shift C and Alt Shift M too if you don't need the menu.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Use windowed mode instead, but remove the screen furniture: Alt Shift S, Alt Shift T, Alt Shift C and Alt Shift M too if you don't need the menu.
      As you can see by yourself - too much work to do.
      (and one have to do it again to restore the program to the usual appearance)

I don't think it is needed - in Fullscreen mode if recommended setting
      "Fit to screen: large images only" is On than everything is OK.
      (Image, if big, is resized to the proper edge so all to be seen - no stretching)

Though I don't know what happens on "portrait mode" monitors.
      Last edited by Bil; 12.07.2008, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Irfan,

The new fullscreen feature "Fit images to desktop width/height" is a good step, but it would be better if there was another option called "Fit only big images to desktop width/height". Is that possible to implement?

I think I'll register soon, if only to thank you for the Unicode support
        Core 2 Quad Q9600 3.4 GHz | Radeon RX 280X 3 GB | DDR2 8.0 GB | Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit | IrfanView 4.51

Comment

Originally posted by Ryusennin View Post
          Irfan,

The new fullscreen feature "Fit images to desktop width/height" is a good step, but it would be better if there was another option called "Fit only big images to desktop width/height". Is that possible to implement?
          There is a good case for having a "Fit only big images ..." option for all relevant views. IMO it is not necessary to list 2 versions of everything though. A single selection box for "Fit only big images" that applied across the board would be better.

Comment

Working...
          X