X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bhikkhu Pesala
    replied
    I suggest installing IrfanView 64-bit and the plugins for it from the IrfanView website.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 20.07.2018, 04:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Horus
    replied
    IrfanView 64-bit app has stopped working on "undo" paint action

Hello, I have found a bug and I'm able to reproduce it in two computers. Here are the steps:

1. In Microsoft store, download "IrfanView64" app
    2. Launch the app
    3. Open any image
    4. Press F12 to open "Paint"
    5. Use the "Rectangle" tool to draw something on the image
    6. "Undo" the action

At this point, IrfanView would crash.

Current version is 4.50

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Bhikkhu Pesala
    replied
    What's wrong with using an old version of IrfanView? You only need to add another shortcut, and associate images with whichever version you use the most.

I have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of 4.51 installed, and only use the latter occasionally. I also have 4.44 installed for testing purposes.

Leave a comment:

• aguayajo
    replied
    XnViewMP is NOT an alternative to IrFan... Irfan is fast, simple, intuitive not overloaded with options not very useful...
    SO... nothing, agua y ajo.

Leave a comment:

• Bhikkhu Pesala
    replied
    Originally posted by aguayajo View Post
    That is an option of course. Another option is to use Stoneview or XnViewMP
    Do you think I care? I always use whichever tool is best for the job that I want to do.

Irfan Skiljan has known about the issue for years, but the plugin author has moved on to other things, so I don't know what more he can do to make it more stable.

It might be an issue with particular graphic cards, or who knows what?

Posting here on this user-to-user forum has no effect. Reporting a well known bug again to Irfan Skiljan will also likely have no effect. If there is anything he could do to fix this he probably would have done it by now. This is his reply from two years ago.

Originally posted by Irfan Skiljan
    For the big things on the TODO list: I will first try to fix the Paint plugin crashes (on some systems), then try to port IrfanView to unicode ... they are very important things, important for many users.

Leave a comment:

• aguayajo
    replied
    Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
    Then use a very old version ...
    That is an option of course. Another option is to use Stoneview or XnViewMP

Leave a comment:

• Bhikkhu Pesala
    replied
    Reported by a user in the German Forum, try this remedy:

Originally posted by hevolkmar
    If you still have the problem, try the following procedure:

1. Load image/graphic
    2. F12
    3. In the paint bar in the upper left corner, activate the arrow and click in the main IV window or in the graphic.
    4. Only then work with paint!

It works for me now thanks to 3. Flawless.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 18.05.2018, 03:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bhikkhu Pesala
    replied
    Originally posted by aguayajo View Post
    Very old versions didn't suffer this bug.
    Then use a very old version when you want to do some painting. Just install it in a different folder: e.g. C:\Program Files (86)\IrfanView 3.50\ (or whatever).

Leave a comment:

• aguayajo
    replied
    90% times I run Irfan I use Paint plugin.
    After using Paint most of the times Irfan crashes (small images no so frecuently... memory issue?)
    Now running Irfan 4.51 x64 in Windows 7 and is the very same problem than earlier versions, even it may be worse. Very old versions didn't suffer this bug.
    So... 90% of the times I use Irfan it freezes...
    Last edited by aguayajo; 17.05.2018, 04:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WowDude
    replied
    I have used IrfanView for years with no problems but now I have the same crash issue for several months, so far it has been once in a while (once every few days) but suddenly since yesterday it crashes very often every few minutes, sometimes even several times in a row, that I'm unable to use IrfanView, it becomes unusable. I've updated from 4.50 64bit to 4.51 64bit today but it's still not fixed.
    Last edited by WowDude; 06.04.2018, 10:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bhikkhu Pesala
    replied
    The Paint plugin rarely crashes for me. If it still crashes for you on the latest version 4.51 then you should look for another software for photo-editing tasks or update your operating system.

Not upgrading IrfanView will solve nothing, and only means that you miss out on other bug fixes and improvements.

Please fill in your forum profile.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 03.04.2018, 05:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• damnyankee20
    replied
    Originally posted by rolfovo View Post
    Hello,
    When I use the "Paint menu" (text to an image, the arrow to the picture), the program always crashes :-(
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]4332[/ATTACH]
    Has this Freezing issue been resolved with the Paint Dialog???! It started with 4.38 for me, I updated to 4.42 and it continues beit 64 bit or 32 bit versions on any of my Windows 7 PCs - even at work! I have used irfanview for years but I won't d/l any more versions until this Paint Dialog/Freeze up issue has been resolved.

Leave a comment:

• Bhikkhu Pesala
    replied
    Since you exclusive use the Paint plugin to add annotation, get yourself a free copy of FastStone Capture 5.3 and use that instead. If it is something you use a lot, it is worth the $20 for a life-time license.

I doubt if the IrfanView Paint plugin will ever work on your system if it has been crashing for 5 years through multiple versions. As has been made clear above, the plugin developer has stopped work on it, and although Irfan Skiljan regards it as a priority, he has not been able to fix it.

It works fine for me, and no doubt for many other users. Reproducing bugs and fixing them for specific graphic drivers, or other variable hardware elements, would be very time-consuming even if he wrote the plugin himself.

Leave a comment:

• everything
    replied
    Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
    Those who do have problems with the Paint plugin should close the toolbar and save frequently. F12, Ctrl+S, F12 is not difficult to do.
    That makes no difference whatsoever for me. I've tried those things on hundreds of files on a dozen different computers over at least 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• Bhikkhu Pesala
    replied
    Those who do have problems with the Paint plugin should close the toolbar and save frequently. F12, Ctrl+S, F12 is not difficult to do.

If you save the file, the plugin toolbar will close automatically.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 03.03.2018, 12:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X