Converting to PDF produces all black images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Converting to PDF produces all black images

I tried converting a DJVU and then a TIF, one page or multi-pages, all the PDF files come out with black areas where the images should be.

IV 4.40 32-bit. Will go change my "version" in the profile shortly... couldn't change it, IV 4.40 is not an available choice (yet).
    Last edited by graphics-manipulator; 06.10.2015, 01:15 AM.

Wrote to Irfan about this one. Apparently the "new" PDF plugin, PDF.dll, has a problem converting 1-bpp images to "flate" compression. Other combinations may work.

It should be noted that PDF.dll is the only PDF plugin available in 64-bit IrfanView, and that there is an option in the Properties / Plugins / PDF Plugin to select whether to use PDF.dll or old Ghostscript for reading in 64-bit, and in 32-bit you get that option plus one to do writing using the "old" imPDF or PDF.dll.

It should be noted that PDF.dll has many fewer options than imPDF did, and they are stored in a different section of the IrfanView ini file. Irfan says "only the important options" are exposed. If there is an important one you used from imPDF that isn't included in PDF.dll, better write and tell him sooner, rather than later.

Looking at the various tabs in the imPDF settings:
    From layout, we get only the Page Format. From Compression there is no longer a distinction between color and true color in the compress settings, but otherwise they are there. From security, we get only the Password settings to open or modify. From ImPDF, Tiles, and Open there is nothing. From Content there is PDF Conformity and Author. From General there is only "Save all pages" (versus, I suppose, just the current page).

Having done the survey, I am content with the subset selected: indeed, they include all the ones I used, although I turned off security completely, and I hope that that is equivalent to no passwords supplied in the new settings. Won't know until I send one off to prepress and there are problems.
    Last edited by graphics-manipulator; 07.10.2015, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X