cursor hide timer in full screen mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported cursor hide timer in full screen mode

If you quickly advance through a series of photos in full screen, the mouse cursor will not disappear. I assume the cursor timeout is reset when a new image is loaded, but it would make more sense if it's based on when the mouse itself last moved while the viewer is running, regardless of when the last image was loaded.
    I tend to flick through my photos in full screen quickly when looking for a specific one, and right now this results in a continuous mouse cursor / rolling donut icon whereever I last left it on the screen, even though at that point I've not use the mouse for a while.

I can't reproduce this. When I "quickly advance through a series of photos in full screen", I never ever see the cursor. Just in case, did you check your Full screen / Slideshow settings?
    IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Of course, "Hide mouse cursor". Does it every time, only when I let the first photo show for the duration of the timeout period it won't (re)appear while flipping through the dir. Otherwise, if it's on the first image, it'll be there and swap places with the rolling donut (loading image) at every step.

Comment

Just flipped Fullscreen trough a bunch of 5 MB pictures. Neither the 'arrow' cursor nor the 'load data' cursor showed up.
        To my opinion your problem is related to your PC or Windows installation. At first step I would install the latest driver for the graphics card and defragment the partition on which you have stored the pictures. If you have a special mouse, e.g. a mouse for gamers, an update of the driver and a check of the settings may be of help. If you have a system with an Intel Chipset, Intel Rapid Storage should be installed.
        Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
        Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Working...
        X