v4.23: wildcard file name for conversion does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed v4.23: wildcard file name for conversion does not work

I convert image files by using the following command.

i_view32.exe *.jpg /convert=*.png

It worked well before I upgraded Irfanview from 4.20 to 4.23.

The help file said "Wildcards (*) supported only for /convert, /print, /info and /jpg_rotate.", so I guess this should be a bug.

However, if I state the exact file path, it can convert the file without any problem. Just like the following.

i_view32.exe 111.jpg /convert=$N.png

uninstall and re-installation are done, but those do not help. Thanks.
    Last edited by stefan; 07.02.2009, 03:30 PM.

It's me again. I finally come up a solution for my problem. However, I don't know it's a bug or expected.

I state the full path with wildcard.

From

To

i_view32.exe c:\image\*.jpg /convert=*.png

I hope that can help for people who have the same problem.

Comment

Help says:
      Write always the FULL paths for file names (incl. drive letter).
      I tried it in both 4.20 and 4.23 and you can use:

provided the files are in the directory containing the executable. Subfolders are not converted, which is to be expected.

What problem do you experience? Sometimes the INI can get messed up, and making a new one can help, if conversions do not happen. Although, your uninstall/reinstall should have done that.

Comment

I think I have missed the statement you quoted. That's my fault

The original command is inside a batch file c:\image\resize_jpg.cmd. And the content is as below.

Code:
        "c:\program files\IrfanView\i_view32" *.jpg /resize_long=500 /aspectratio /resample /convert=*.png
        I just double click the cmd file to execute the command. Therefore, the current directory is not "c:\program files\IrfanView".

And this command worked for the previous version but not for the current version.

Comment

I just tried it with a batch file in both versions, and you are absolutely right! This is disturbing to see such a change in behavior. I am not sure why this is, but 4.23 has had a few strange changes and oversights.

I'd recommend putting a copy of IrfanView and any necessary files in that directory, and change the batch file accordingly. That way it will have to process that folder.

But, a better solution may be to just add the full path using the variable %cd%.

Code:
          "C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" %cd%\*.jpg /resize_long=500 /aspectratio /resample /convert=*.png
          That way, the batch file will be able to work without IrfanView being added to the directory, making the whole thing easier, lighter, and more flexible to use.
          Last edited by Skippybox; 23.01.2009, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Your solution is better than mine. Thanks~~

Comment

Glad you like. Hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
              X