v4.23: "Show Paint Dialog" crashes the whole program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed v4.23: "Show Paint Dialog" crashes the whole program

Lately I installed IrfanView (version 4.23) and it works OK mainly, except that only thing that whenever I try to open "Show Paint Dialog" it crashes on the spot and I get windows notification that IrfanView stopped working and Windows will search how to solve this problem.
    First I was thinking the problem was due to additional plugins pack, so I reinstalled the prog, still I had the same problem without additional plugins.
    Any ideas how to solve this?

P.S. I run Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 bit, SP1

No problem here. Are you trying to open Paint from the menu or using F12?

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
      Are you trying to open Paint from the menu or using F12?
      I tried both methods but with the same result. Otherwise everything works excellent as I've already said before.

Comment

This happens with any image opened?
        IrfanPaint developer
        The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
        IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
          This happens with any image opened?
          Yes, I tried many different images. Do you think it worth trying an older version of IrfanView?

Comment

Which version of "Paint.dll" (IrfanPaint) causes this error?
            (see program menu: \Help\Installed Plugins...\)

Does this error happen with all supported image file formats? Or only with a certain image file format?
            Which file size have your pictures?

PS:
            This bugreport resembles the following error message: "IrfanPaint unter VISTA"!
            (But it can't be only a vista problem because the user Mij has no problem there!)

Comment

It does not depend on supported formats or images sizes as far as I can judge, because I tried different ones with the same crashing result.

Comment

Try with this version and this one: do they work?
                IrfanPaint developer
                The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
                IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Finally I sorted out this problem. The problem was that after installing Irfan View program I then downloaded and installed all plugins as one large EXE which was recommended, and that was my biggest mistake.
                  Now I am sure something in that large pack is out of order, as I reinstalled Irfan View again and now paint panel opens easily with all my images.
                  Now my question is how can I add only DJVU plugin (and others in case I need some) which I need for reading some ebooks, without installing that full pack which prevents the whole program from working properly?.. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X