Batch conversion Canvas size save

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pending Batch conversion Canvas size save

Howdy, I think this is a bug but may just be a feature request.
    Under "Batch conversion" in the "Advanced" dialouge, when you try to "Save settings" Canvas size is not saved to the desired file. Each time you "Load settings" from one saved ini to another, you have to reset the canvas size.
    Not a major issue but it has been driveing me nuts of late sice I have 5 diferent sets I run through each day.
    I'm currently running IrfanView 3.25 on Windows 7, 64bit, however the probelem is also present with Windows XP, but doubt that would have anything to do with the problem
    Thanks much.
    Last edited by CowboyFrank; 09.02.2010, 07:57 PM.
    Real Webmasters know HTM-hell

Bug confirmed. (running 4.25 on XP)
    The canvas size status is not saved at all in a custom ini file via "Save settings", nor in the main "i_view32.ini".
    Last edited by Sam_Zen; 10.02.2010, 12:07 AM.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
      Bug confirmed. (running 4.25 on XP)
      The canvas size status is not saved at all in a custom ini file via "Save settings", nor in the main "i_view32.ini".
      Not quite true, Sam_Zen. The canvas size is saved in the main i_view32.ini file but within the Effects block not the Batch block.
      When you re-open the batch dialog the main ini settings are applied so the canvas size is still whatever was last used (unless the values have been changed in the Viewer window meanwhile).

It is the custom ini file saved from the batch dialog that is the real problem. That contains just the Batch and Batch Text sections of the main ini file which does not include canvas settings, so when it is loaded again in the batch dialog the canvas settings stay as they were. Yes that is probably an unintentional omission by Irfan, but one that I think has been reported previously.

CowboyFrank. If you have some saved custom batch ini files then you can just add the canvas settings to the end using Notepad. You can copy what you need from the main ini file. The lines you need to add are

[Effects]
      CanvL=10
      CanvR=20
      CanvT=30
      CanvB=40

(with those values 10, 20, 30, 40 set to whatever you want for the left, right, top and bottom edges of course)

Then when you load the custom file back in the Batch dialog the canvas settings will be restored too.

That load custom file feature in the batch dialog does much the same thing as the script file that I have just downloaded to the forum here. My script is really intended for those who want to run the \batch option from a command line but you could use it to add just the 5 lines above after you have reloaded your saved settings in the dialog.

Comment

You're right about the main ini file. I was indeed looking at the wrong spot.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Thanks, that will solve my problem. Would be great if this was addressed in the next release.
          Was just looking back at my saved back versons and relized my first IrfanView version was 1.75 (June 2, 1996) has it really been 14 years?? wow.
          Real Webmasters know HTM-hell

Comment

Hi CowboyFrank,

good news:
            I was in written contact with Irfan. Your feature request will be available in the next version!

regards
            Frank

Comment

Working...
            X