Wrong file order in batch conversion selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Wrong file order in batch conversion selection

WinXP SP3, IrfanView 4.25: in the batch conversion window, when I select several files and then click "Add", the last file in name-sorted order is always the first in the files added panel, but the others are in name-sorted order (my default, and also the order in which they were created). For instance, if I select files A, B, C, and D, they're added in the order D, A, B, C. The images I've uploaded show a real example.

Files should be added in the same order as in the file selection panel.

djc
    Attached Files

That is the way that multiple files names are stacked by Windows in a standard dialog box. If you look at your first attachment you will see that the file names already appear in the order you describe in the File name box below the selected items before you even touch the Irfanview key to transfer them to the list box below.
    The last item clicked is always on the top of the stack, so the order you describe is what you get if you use Shift with the mouse to insert a block. If you use Ctrl with the mouse to select files one by one they all end up in reverse order.
    In many applications they would be sorted automatically as they are moved to the list box but Irfanview gives you the choice of either doing it automatically if you check Auto sort list after insert in the Sort Order dialog that you show in attachment 3, or manually by pressing Sort Files in the main dialog.
    If you do not want them sorted after insertion you can use drag and drop. Select No sort in the Sort order dialog. Pick up the files by clicking on the first file selected in the top box, drag and drop them to the list box and they will stay in the same order.

Comment

If you want a closed block of files in the right order, set cursor on last one and use Shift+click on the first one, then Add.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
      X