Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed Irfanview does not show EXIF info of panorama HEIC pictures

Hi,

I can see the EXIF info in Irfanview of normal HEIC pictures taken by my iPhone and transferred to my windows pc with iMazing. I can also load a panorama picture (in HEIC format) and see it with irfanview, but the EXIF button (in the image properties sheet) is missing.

I can, however, see the EXIF info of a panorama HEIC picture in Windows Explorer. So, it seems to be a bug in irfanview 4.58 32-Bit. Unfortunately, I can't upload (my example) HEIC files to this forum.

Thank you for correcting this.
    Erhard
    Last edited by Erha; 22.08.2021, 03:40 PM.

Please ZIP the example files, then upload them.
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Good idea, here it is. I kept the image intentionally narrow - atypical for a panorama image - to make sure that the problem has nothing to do with the file size.
      Attached Files

Comment

Neither of Irfanview or Windows Explorer shows EXIF information in this picture. I'm using the official HEIC codecs from Microsoft. However it seems the EXIF data is present in the file.
        Can you also provide a file, where the EXIF is working?
        My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

A) Attached a normal standard picture (taken with the same iPhone) and also transferred to my Windows PC via iMazing.

B) Just to make sure, I downloaded my uploaded PANORAMA picture (IMG_032716.ZIP) and opened its properties. My windows Explorer shows the EXIF info:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-08-24_15h03_47.png Views:	0 Size:	361.0 KB ID:	92329

I'm also using the standard codecs form MS store:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-08-24_14h56_34.png Views:	0 Size:	20.7 KB ID:	92330
          Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-08-24_14h56_15.png Views:	0 Size:	16.3 KB ID:	92333
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Erha; 24.08.2021, 01:26 PM.

Comment

For me, Windows Explorer cannot read EXIF info from any of the HEIC files for some reason. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Anyway, IrfanView 64 bit can read EXIF information only from the standard file. It cannot read EXIF from your first file.
            This seems to be a bug. Please report the bug to the developer, Irfan Skiljan. The contact information is in the program: Help -> About IrfanView

Please attach both example files to the e-mail for testing and let us know what Irfan Skiljan says.

Comment

I had mail conversation with Irfan and he found a solution. The next release will be able to display EXIF-Info also of these panorama HEIC files :-)

Comment

Working...
              X