Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some of the Paint tool icons become invisible in Windows High Contrast Mode

some of the Paint tool icons become invisible in Windows High Contrast Mode
    Note however, that this is also a function of the Windows High Contrast Theme one has chosen.

go to: Personalize / Themes. Then scroll down to "High contrast settings". Then open the dropdown menu "CHOOSE A THEME". There you find the built-in Windows High Contrast themes.
    A theme may be customized and resaved as one of your own.

I am using a customized theme, however, the problem is extant using some of the built-in standard Windows Themes.
    Specifically, the problems shows using HIGH CONTRAST #1, HIGH CONTRAST Forum
    It does not occur using: HIGH CONTRAST BLACK, HIGH CONTRAST WHITE.
    (There are other themes, but I've haven't tested them all.)

BTW: I have been using High Contrast Mode since I started in Windows 10 (about 4 months ago) and have not noticed this problem anywhere else. (IF haven't tried high contrast mode, you might like it. You can get ACTUAL BORDERS AROUND ALL YOUR WINDOWS.)

IMHO, this is a bug.

Joe P

My PC-monitor does not support HDR, so I could not test these settings. But I think it's best to contact the developer of IrfanView.
    You'll find his mail adress at Help - About IrfanView... Please tell us about his answer - he mostly answers in two ot three days.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Working...
    X