Sizing handles don't work correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sizing handles don't work correctly

Sometimes the sizing-handles don't work correctly, especially when zoomed in or when the image has been cropped; the program doesn't recognize the cursor being near the sizing-handles at the correct positions. This seems to be especially true for the upper-left part of the selection during zoom and bottom/right after a crop.

Another bug (that might be related to this one) is that sometimes, the cursor refuses to change to a sizing/dragging cursor AT ALL. Sometimes, if you select-all, then the cursor won't let you grab some of the sides of the selection-rectangle. Also, it's often very hard to grab the sizing-handle at all since the threshold is too narrow.

See the attached screenshots, notice how the cursor changes at different places in one, and doesn't change at all for the bottom-left in the other.

In addition to making it behave consistently on all sides of the selection rectangle, ideally, there would also be a threshold option to let the user select how far from the borders (inside and/or outside) the cursor has to be before IrfanView switches to a dragging cursor. It's often very frustrating to try to grab the thin handle, trying to move the mouse-cursor just one or two pixels.

(I tried to find an existing thread since this has to have already been reported, but couldn't—and the constant CAPTCHAs to search made it harder).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Synetech; 09.11.2023, 03:50 PM. Reason: Forum broke animated-GIF, so uploading individual frames of screenshots.

I have the same problems for years.
    Synetech I use [Alt]+[Arrow Keys] / [Shift]+[Arrow Keys] instead to resize / move the selection by a pixel.
    Last edited by dotmatrix; 18.02.2024, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X