Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extract single page tifs out of multipage while maintaining original compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extract single page tifs out of multipage while maintaining original compression

Hello. I'm trying to extract multipage tif images through command line with this:

"c:\program files (x86)\irfanview\i_view32.exe" c:\temp\0241_0166_0452.tif /extract=(c:\output,tif) /killmesoftly

The splitting works great, but my multipage images are LZW with grayscale compression and my extracted files are Fax 4 where I am losing a lot of quality.

I know I can set the lzw compression, but I have to split thousands of files with varying compression types. I can't set the compression type manually and would like to just maintain the compression of the original multipage tif image.

The program will use the last selected compression and convert to monochrome if that was chosen. It will always re-encode. Save any file using one of the color options. You can then use the command line to output to this compression format. If you have any monochrome pages and want to reduce their size, you could then use another program, which can apply CCITT Group 4 only to them. XnView Classic has 2 choices for color and black & white. I think IrfanView should implement this workflow too. We can always reduce the color depth in a separate step.

Comment

Working...
    X