Inserting Hyperlinks into an image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Inserting Hyperlinks into an image

Hello, to begin with, I absolutely LOVE Irfanview and I am so thankful and grateful for this program.

I would like to request the ability and insert a hyperlink as sometimes I copy an image from the internet and create my own image, cropping it to include just the portion of the overall image that I want to keep.

As such, it is also nice to be able to refer back to the website wherein I found the original image - by inserting a hyperlink.

Is this currently possible?

Is it something that could be included?

Much thanks,

Tricia / PromoPrincess

Hi.

Most images (jpg, gifs, tif, bmp, etc...) is just static objects that doesn't support interactive contents (they cannot do anything).

However, you can do:
    • Learn to make a HTML file, use the image as a link.
    • Bundle the image into a PDF file. Currently I know only two programs that can do that - Open office and Libre office. Maybe Inkscape supports this, but I haven't tried yet.
    • In Irfanview, alternativ method: Put a tag in the file that you write the url and save. JPG files at least support this. Image --> Information --> IPTC info --> Credits/Origini --> Source. At least I think that's where it's most reasonable to put the url. The hatch: other programs may not be able to read the same information.
    If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.

Comment

Working...
    X