Batch Autocrop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Batch Autocrop

I would like this new feature: autocrop of image (ie for scanned image with black or withe border).

Even better if i could use it in batch mode

Thanks

The Create custom crop selection might do almost what you want. It lets you specify a selection region (x, y, width, height) which can then be cropped. It remembers its settings so you can go through images quickly reapplying the region (shift+C) and cropping (ctrl+Y).

This works pretty well if the region to be cropped is always the same. For example, your scanner always scans 8.5 x 11 inches and you?re scanning 8 x 10 inch paper. Unlike a lot of scanner software, it won?t autodetect the overscan.

Comment

I do agree with you, Create Custom crop selection is really a great chance if the region to be cropped are about the same... just some manual Shift+C & Ctrl+Y and a little annoying if there are a lot of images.

It can be better the batch advanced option to crop all images at once. Still, the crop is the same for all images; i'm looking, instead, for something adaptive to every image, since i have a lot of pictures at different resolution that needed a little crop.

By the way..a little crop... i can take them as they are

I was just giving a suggestion for something that can be (sometimes) useful.

I really like IrfanView.

Comment

I’d like to back this request. I was really impressed the first time that I saw how AutoGK could remove the letterbox borders from a video. I have a lot of screen-captures of movies that I have taken over the years and would like to remove the bars from them. A batch auto-crop feature is really the only to do this.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
          I’d like to back this request. I was really impressed the first time that I saw how AutoGK could remove the letterbox borders from a video.
          Yes, AutoGK is pretty cool in that respect.

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
          I have a lot of screen-captures of movies that I have taken over the years and would like to remove the bars from them. A batch auto-crop feature is really the only [sic] to do this.
          I don’t know how you took your screenshots, but I too have some old screenshots of videos that I played in VLC with the letterbox included in the shot because I used the PrintScreen key and pasted it in MSPaint (and because I played them in fullscreen, they are all the size of the screen). Now, however, whenever I take a snap of a video, I use VLC’s built-in screenshot hotkey because it captures the frame from the video at the video’s resolution (so it doesn’t matter if the video is fullscreen) and it leaves out the borders because they are not part of the video. Plus, because the screencap is done via the video player itself, it can take shots of videos even when they are played on the overlay surface (ie, hardware acceleration).

Comment

Working...
          X