Exposure Blending for HDR Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Exposure Blending for HDR Image

I'm a photographer who uses Irfanview all the time. Along with the "create panorama image" function, I would love to see an exposure blending function to create a high dynamic range image. It seems like it would be pretty simple. The idea is you take two or more bracketed images with different exposures and blend them into a single image with higher dynamics. It would be a welcome feature. Any possiblility?

and you're a photographer?

Being a photographer you ought to realize that the IrfanView Panorama feature is a very basic "stick a picture next to another" feature. It is as basic as what MS Paint can do, it is just that IrfanView makes it a bit easier.

To do what you want, such as exposure blending, is something far more than what anybody ought to expect in an image viewer.

Exposure blending, and the much more typical feature of edge finding and blending are things that you will find in image tools called "stitchers"

Stitchers will find similar image pixels and align those selected images. It can be quite a complicated process.

Do a Google search for image stitcher freeware and I know that there is one that is a fairly good one that some college students created. I think it is called AutoStitch.

I just looked, see: http://www.photo-freeware.net/autostitch.php
    I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
    Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Working...
    X