Scroll command line option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Scroll command line option

Please provide a commandline option - e.g. /scroll(200,450) - that would position the initial display of an image larger than the window somewhere other than displaying the upper left hand corner.

I would like to use Irfanview to display map large map images, and would like to be able to invoke the program with such an option to position the initial image display to a specific part of the map other than the top left hand corner.

Also it would be nice if the status bar could display the current scroll position so it would be easy to note down for a given desired display position what the coordinates are that could be used in the commandline option to reposition the scrolling to the same place the next time Irfanview is invoked with that map.

Thanks!

What's wrong with the Enter key? Having displayed a image in windowed view the Enter key shows you the image in full screen. I don't see the benefits of your request.

Comment

I think you misunderstand the requirement, Sjef.
      As I understand it, Howardgrams, you need to see the fine detail on the map so, presumably, have the display set to 100% zoom. What is displayed when you open is just the top left corner of the map and you then have to scroll the image some distance to find the bit you want to see.
      You are no better off by opening with Fit to window and then zooming. You either end up in the top left again if you use Ctrl+H or F key, or in the center if you use + key.
      If you do just want to view a specific area, you could use the /crop option instead. You would not then be able to scroll up or left from your viewed area, nor to save any changes you made.
      Have a look at that though because it might make you think again about requesting a Command line option - they are pretty inflexible. You would need an individual command line for every map and position on it, in the format
      ...\i_view32.exe [file name with full path] /crop=(200,450,9999,9999)
      The big numbers (9999) will leave the area to the right and below uncropped.
      Note that you have to put the file name in the middle, so you cannot just drag and drop a file name on to a shortcut. Also the crop only applies to that file, not to any that follow on.
      Finally, while you are waiting for your request (which may be for ever), do use Home, End, Page Up and Page Down for scrolling around in big images (after unchecking "Jump always to next image ..." in Misc1 of the Options). You can take for ever scrolling with the arrow keys.

Comment

Working...
      X