Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Irfanview registered for scanner push button

Hi,
    I spend a bit fiddling on the registry to get IV appear into the list of the programs available to handle an input from WIA devices.
    I installed a couple of OCR software and they could register themselves to support the event when I push "scan" scanner's button. But they go for OCR purpose, less for images.
    I will be happy to discover where to touch to get IV registered, specially because it will be a nice utility to scan and pack all pages into a TIFF file, without a single touch on the computer keyboard

Irfanview does not support WIA just Twain. This scan event interface in Windows is a little bit special.

Comment

Originally posted by impdf View Post
      Irfanview does not support WIA just Twain.
      Exactly I'm not so sure if it's necessary WIA support since the procedure to start receiving the scanned images it's working fine.
      If IV cannot handle an incoming picture at the start up, I really doubt it.

Comment

Might depend on the scanner too. Mine...ack, I gave up long ago, and it has all its stuff in an INI file. I'm just happy I can scan.
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

An application should register/unregister to push via a call to a function in sti.dll.
          This does the necessary registry entries. The application will then be called with the parameters /StiDevice:%1 /StiEvent:%2. The device is your WIA device guid.
          I'm not sure that there is a clean way to figure out the correspondending Twain device (if any).

For sure you can maipulate your registry if you like to provide different parameters but do you think a normal user should do this?

More and more scanners only provide a WIA interface and the MS wrapper to use WIA devices in Twain is quite basic.

Comment

Originally posted by impdf View Post
            An application should register/unregister to push via a call to a function in sti.dll.
            This does the necessary registry entries. The application will then be called with the parameters /StiDevice:%1 /StiEvent:%2. The device is your WIA device guid.
            I can't get why other 2 program could register them selves for the same scanner. IMHO IV is good the same the other, so won't be hard to make it.

If I'll be able, I'll try to get the inf file from one of the 2 said programs.

Comment

Working...
            X