Full Screen Option: Crop to Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Full Screen Option: Crop to Screen

I would like to be able to use the entire screen for viewing in full screen mode, without black panes on the sides, but instead of streching, to crop it to the screen.
    Example:
    My screen has the resolution 1680x1050 (16:10).
    The picture size is 1680x1260 (4:3).
    It needs to be cropped on top and on bottom by 210 points (105 on each side).
    It still should be possible to move the picture up and down using the arrow keys.
    If the picture is bigger than 1680x1260, it would need to be resized, so the smaller size fits the smaller screen side.

Curretly I'm using "Fit to Screen" option, then I'm pressing '+' once to make it bigger which gets a simillar effect, but it's not exactly the screen size.

Thank you for reading
    - Zorro

Try Properties/Settings/Full screen/Set display multiplier to set the persentage N % above 100%

Comment

Sjef,

What Zorro is asking for is a fullscreen equivalent of the window option "Fit images to screen width". I don't see what the display multiplier has to do with his request, but maybe you could care to explain your suggestion, because I'm looking for such a feature myself.
      Core 2 Quad Q9600 3.4 GHz | Radeon RX 280X 3 GB | DDR2 8.0 GB | Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit | IrfanView 4.51

Comment

Well, see it this way. I didn't understand the point of the question in the first place, so I made a kind of joke. You see, I was thinking of the fact that in the 18st century ‘The Nightwatch’ from Rembrandt was cropped to fit in a room. If Zorro was the maker of the sometimes beautyfull paintings and drawings himself, mayby he would strongly turn away from this way of showing his work on a screen. My opinion is: please rate the artist in his true value. If Zorro has to crop an image ‘by hook or by crook’, I assumed he is well up in the matter of drawing a region of 1680 x 1050 pixels and save it as a new file.

Comment

Working...
        X