Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Slideshow: "real-time" advancement

Hello,

this is my first post, so I would like to take the opportunity to say that IV is a great program, I like it a lot. Thanks to all who work on it, especially Irfan of course :-)

I am using IV for slideshows, in which I put sound files with with my recorded comments. Like this I can give commented slideshows to friends and family, and at the same time they have the high quality original pictures without any double storage. Great!

The issue is that I don't know how to exactly synchronize images and sound.
    The time that I set in the "Slide advancement / automatic after ..." option is not exactly the time that the slide stays visible. I have the impression that loading time is not counted.
    Example: I set 5 sec per slide. It seems that IV loads the first image, shows it for 5 sec, then loads the second image (which takes some time, in which the first image is still shown), then switches to the second image, waits 5 sec, then starts loading the third image ...

Of course when I record my comments, I also have this delay for image loading. But the delay is not always and everywhere the same, I guess it depends on cpu and disk speed, workload ...
    So I get a cumulated time lag between images and comment, which is very confusing even if it is only 1 or 2 seconds.

My request is this:
    Instead of starting to load the next image after n seconds (the time set in "Slide advancement") since the current image has been displayed, start to load n seconds after the current image has been started to load.

Thanks a lot in advance
    Christoph
Working...
X