Please provide multiple slicing a la Adobe Photoshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Please provide multiple slicing a la Adobe Photoshop

If we have an image open in iv, currently we can define only one single area and crop it and then save it by a new command.

Adobe Photoshop has an option that if we are seeing a PSD file in that, we can define/ select as many number of areas as we wish and we can name them and it would cut those areas and save in a given folder as independent files, by given file type (jpg, gif, etc.).

That feature of Adobe PS comes very handy while creating a template from an image. But such a work is not really using any of Adobe PS features, it is just defining areas, naming them, naming the folder to save, naming the file type, and just saving in single go.

So, I wonder whether you could consider adding this feature that is still possible within iv, but currently we have to do one at a time.

Thanks.

Personally, I would hate to see IV contribute to the kind of bad web design I see so often coming from Photoshop
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

IMO web pages relying strongly on graphics suck. The designer should make sure that the site is functional without any imgs loaded.
      Last edited by j7n; 24.08.2008, 09:27 AM. Reason: Can't write properly lately

Comment

Originally posted by j7n View Post
        IMO web pages relying strongly on graphics suck. The designer should make sure that the site is function without any imgs loaded.
        I am also surprised to see webpages increasing using less and less area for real content, and leaving a lot of area for mammoth purposeless graphics or leaving unused altogether.

Comment

Working...
        X