Dynamic Zoom & Panning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Dynamic Zoom & Panning

It would "Make My Day!!!" if IrfanView had a Dynamic Zoom Feature so you could zoom in & out with the wheel on a mouse rather than have to use the + and - buttons on the Toolbar!

Also, it would "Tickle My Fancy" if IrfanView had a Pan Feature so that you could pan around an Image without having to use the Vertical & Horizontal Scroll Bars (very annoying)!

Add these two features and you will make the World's Greatest Free Viewer Program EVEN Better!!

Those features already exist.

Comment

Use CTRL+Wheel to zoom. You can use just the keyboard to zoom, too. If you have v.4.20, there are three different zoom methods as well!

Use Right Mouse Button to pan, provided your settings in Properties>Misc. 1 are:

uncheck Use right mouse button for context menu (default:scrolling)
      check Fullscreen mode: Use right mouse button for scrolling

Scrolling (panning) only works if your image is scrollable.
      Last edited by Skippybox; 24.10.2008, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks Skippybox!!

I do have v4.20 and changed my settings!! With all the great features built into IrfanView I just KNEW they couldn't have left Advanced Panning & Zooming out!!

I'm going to pass your Tips along to all my friends & co-workers as I don't think any of them are aware of how to change their settings!

Comment

Looks like I have made your day!

You should study all the settings and read your Help file to learn how powerful IrfanView really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
            Use CTRL+Wheel to zoom. You can use just the keyboard to zoom, too. If you have v.4.20, there are three different zoom methods as well!

Use Right Mouse Button to pan, provided your settings in Properties>Misc. 1 are:

uncheck Use right mouse button for context menu (default:scrolling)
            check Fullscreen mode: Use right mouse button for scrolling

Scrolling (panning) only works if your image is scrollable.
            THANK YOU!!!! This was the last feature I was missing from IrFanView! You made MY day!

Now I wish the settings could be a little more clearer! =) Just a simple change like changing the word scrolling to panning...

Comment

Working...
            X