Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto Adjust Colors availbile in Color Correction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Auto Adjust Colors availbile in Color Correction?

Great software. But I miss one thing... The auto adjust colors feature is fantastic, but sometimes it does a little too much. It would be really cool to be able to see what auto adjust colors is suggesting in the color correction window so I can work on the auto adjust suggestions. Newbies like me might even learn a thing or two about color correcting. As it is now I can only do auto adjust, then go in to color corrections and see default values and I dont know what to change in order to tone down the auto adjust because I don't know what it did.

This is unfortunate, but I don't know which way would be better. It is nice to always have a relative baseline of 0 to work from, but it would be nice to also know what the absolute values are, too.

BTW: The auto adjust colors feature improves the brightness of the image using automatic calculations for brightness and gamma values.

You can improve the result if you first create a selection/outline in the image (important area) using the left mouse button. Hold the CTRL key while you click the menu. In this case, only the selected area will be used for calculations but applied to whole image, otherwise the feature will be applied on the selection only.

In the color corrections dialog you can use 'Apply to original image' to preview your changes on the actual image. If you adjust it more, you need to click it again and again before choosing OK, otherwise when you click OK, I believe the adjustments will be additive. And since it is a preview, you can cancel it without correction.

Comment

I'll try the selection tip, thanks.

I can understand that you would sometimes want the default baseline values. A way to have it both ways could work like this:
      If you do auto adjust, then enter color correction, it will display default baseline values. This is how it works today.
      If you enter the color correction menu first, and could call the auto adjust colors feature from here, the changes suggested could be shown.

Comment

Works for me!

Comment

You mean you can do a auto adjust colors when you have the color correction window open? That's odd... All I get when I try the auto adjust from here as a beep and I can't do anything but change the sliders.

Comment

Sorry, I meant your idea is good (works for me). It isn't actually possible yet, since it is your feature request.

Comment

Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
              You can improve the result if you first create a selection/outline in the image (important area) using the left mouse button. Hold the CTRL key while you click the menu. In this case, only the selected area will be used for calculations but applied to whole image, otherwise the feature will be applied on the selection only.
              Oh, thanks!
              But, my request is to step back to v4.00, and add switcher in "Property" for "Auto adjust color" (or maybe hotkey) to apply to whole image, not for selection, because sometimes it's produce very special and amazing results (of course I can still use v4.00 for it).

Comment

Working...
              X