Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested View > Keep Scroll position should also work with "F"

Hi there,

for checking images I often use the key "F" to switch between "Fit window to image" (1:1) and "Fit images to desktop". This is a fine method to quickly zoom into an image.

Although View > Keep scroll position is checked, IrfanView forgets the position: When switching FROM "Fit window to image" TO "Fit images to desktop" and BACK TO "Fit window to image", always the top left of the image is displayed.

Suggestion:
    I'd like Irfan View to remember the scroll position not only when moving from one image to another but also viewing one image and switching from one display mode to another.

PS: Running Irfan View 4.23
    Last edited by Poweruser; 21.01.2009, 08:58 PM.

Another Suggestion regarding "switching display mode":
    When image is bigger than desktop, it should be possible to center the image instead of showing the top left corner.

Comment

Numpad 5 Scroll image to center

Comment

Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
        Numpad 5 Scroll image to center
        That's great, except I am working on a notebook. Notebooks usually don't have separate number pads. That makes typing Numpad 5 really awkward (Shift + Num, i, Shift + Num).

Can I remap key shortcuts?

Comment

Your request is a perfectly reasonable one, Poweruser. IMHO Keep Scroll Position is poorly implemented and it should remember the set position when the view is changed or the zoom ratio reduced.
          The scroll position is the x, y coordinates of the image pixel that you wish to keep at the center of the window. It is probably reasonable for the image to move off center to keep as much as possible of a smaller image in view but it should return towards the set position as the image gets larger again.

The problems of laptops with no numeral keypads has been mentioned before and this should probably be raised as a separate feature request.

Comment

Originally posted by Poweruser View Post
            Can I remap key shortcuts?
            No, but it has been requested over and over, just like it has been passed over and over, by Irfan.

You can still zoom in or out and it will center for you. If you are at say 1:1, you need to zoom in once, then out once. This is easier since you can do it with keyboard (+/-), mouse (menu/toolbar buttons), or both (CTRL+Wheel).

Comment

Working...
            X