No announcement yet.

Number of copies on one page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many moons ago I posted a request asking how to get a feature request accepted. I had hoped for some hints about what did stand a chance of being included and what did not have a cat's chance. I got no replies at all, not even a grumpy one. With the wait for new IrfanView updates averaging 8 months, it took a long time before I even began to unravel the mystery. Is it a capital offense to give an opinion?

Comment

Moons? how about years ago? I have made suggestions (as probably any avid user of IrfanView has) and I have even gotten emails back from Irfan saying that it was a good idea. I have emails dating back to 2001, and that was just when I started saving the emails to and from Irfan.

Here is one such text from him:
      I will try to add that (details deleted here only because it is not relevant) option, maybe soon ;-)
      Thx!
      But that was in July of 2006. I'm still waiting.
      I have many other suggestions going back to 2001, and with similar notes from Irfan, saying thanks for the suggestion, etc.

Face it, Irfan does more in his life than try to appease the users of his terrific IrfanView. He does have a life, and his own priorities. There is no real mystery to unravel.
      I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
      Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

He, he! And he *always* ends his answers with a smiley! ;-)
        Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever?

Comment

I'm afraid I have to agree. It's still just waiting for the new version, and that's it.
          No communication in the meantime about the developments. No feedback about which requests are pending, closed or solved.

But every author has his own priorities.
          Ghisler of TC has chosen to check that forum on a daily basis, Irfan has chosen to keep some distance from it.
          I'm just at peace with that fact.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

No guys. I was not complaining about the time taken to get a new feature implemented. I too am grateful for the effort that Irfan does make.
            This discussion evolved because I thought the second poster might be expecting rather too much (not the original poster - we have not heard from him again).
            The sticky at the head of Feature Requests unfortunately got a bit too sticky. I doubt if many now struggle all the way through it. Perhaps there should be another outlining what one might reasonably expect in response to a request.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
              Perhaps there should be another outlining what one might reasonably expect in response to a request.
              What's reasonable? I think if Irfan does no more updates at all, that may be reasonable; since he has put in a tremendous amount of work already. Just when does a person stop reasonable work for a FREE product?

Probably, now, Irfan only works on and refines those features that strike his fancy. So, it would be better to expect nothing, and be pleasantly surprised if a request is implemented.

For example, I have a lot of things I should be working on my house, right now (just ask my wife! ), yet typing in this forum is more entertaining for me to do. Guess which I'm doing?
              Last edited by ChuckE; 29.07.2008, 07:58 PM.
              I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
              Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Working...
              X