better support for browsing big images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested better support for browsing big images

I use irfanview to browse big images (UML models) and its really annoying to press left/right arrows, because it scrolls so slow.
    I think cool idea would be to "cut"(not really cut, but to make a selection) big image into many areas(every area in the size of the visiable area) and jump between them using something like shift+arrows.

Currently, there are many ways to browse a big image in IrfanView:
    • Using the scrollbars is very fast.
    • You can also pan with the right mouse button if you've set it up in Properties>Misc. 1.
    • Another great method is fitting the big image to the desktop (SHIFT+F) and making a selection using the left mouse button. Click inside the selection and you can zoom into that area. Then either press F to fit again and make another selection. Keep alternating between SHIFT+F and F.
    • You can also configure your zoom in many ways and toggle/cycle display modes.

But, I think I know what you might really fall in love with. FastStone MaxView (freeware version) or FastStone Image Viewer (freeware version). Both programs have stunning magnifier tools. You'll especially like the image navigator, which let's you pan a small representation of your image, allowing you to move quickly around your image.

Click to enlarge
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Image025.png
Views:	1
Size:	599.6 KB
ID:	79581

Comment

Working...
    X