tabbed view? DDS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested tabbed view? DDS?

irfanview rocks! its fast, simple, and stable.
    all i'm really missing, is the ability to view DDS files, and a tabbed image view, with the ability to save a session. i usually use irfanview for reference images when working in 3ds max with various models, and i'd love to have all the images i have open in a tabbed UI, instead of in a giant hurdle of images at the explorer bar. and since i work over several days usually, having a saved sessions would save me from having to browse, find and reopen the images every time i restart the computer.
    i don't really care for Iviews movie-opening tendencies though.
    it slows down the whole browsing process having movies and images in the same reference folder, and i suddenly stumble on a movie, where Iview will be stuck for 5-6 seconds, before showing me a blank image with sound.

Originally posted by dejawolf View Post
    irfanview rocks! its fast, simple, and stable.
    all i'm really missing, is the ability to view DDS files, and a tabbed image view, with the ability to save a session.
    IrfanView can open DDS files with a plugin.

i usually use irfanview for reference images when working in 3ds max with various models, and i'd love to have all the images i have open in a tabbed UI, instead of in a giant hurdle of images at the explorer bar. and since i work over several days usually, having a saved sessions would save me from having to browse, find and reopen the images every time i restart the computer.
    No tabs in IV, but you can open images using Thumbnails. If you go into slideshow, you can build a list of images you work with and save it as a txt file. Then, when you want, you can load the txt file in Thumbnails and only those images will be shown. You can also setup a shortcut to load the txt file for you.

i don't really care for Iviews movie-opening tendencies though.
    it slows down the whole browsing process having movies and images in the same reference folder, and i suddenly stumble on a movie, where Iview will be stuck for 5-6 seconds, before showing me a blank image with sound.
    You don't have to. Viewing Only Images in IV

If your video stumbles, you may need to update your codecs.

Comment

Bumping Tabbed UI

Instead of posting a whole separate thread, I would like to bump this one to reaffirm the want/need of a tabbed browsing option for IV. It's just cleaner and easier to use it like that when you do referential work. I. E. I have a lot of Japanese text books and learning manuals in PDF/JPG and other formats, and tabbing between open instances of IV becomes a hassle.
      I would tell you everything about me, but you wouldn't believe me anyways... so I'll just settle your curiosity by saying that I'm an 11 thousand foot tall dragon, named Darby, with lavender purple scales, and a tiny, pink elephant, for a best friend, named Samson.

Comment

Working...
      X