Mouse button actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Mouse button actions

I'm just switching back to IrfanView (I used to use it years ago but I've used something else for a long while in between) and the only thing I can't quite get used to and can't change via the options are the mouse button actions.

The default left button selection gets in my way. I'd like to be able to turn that on/off. Also I'd like the left button to pan the image like the right button does now (maybe swap them). The middle button doesn't seem to do anything. So ideally it would be great if I there were options where for each button (left, right, middle) I could chose one of the four actions (select, scroll, context menu, nothing).

Additionally, I was going to suggest that the mouse wheel zooms, but then I discovered that with ctrl it does. It would be nice to have an option to swap those. It might be nice to be able to customize keyboard shortcuts as well, although that's probably a lot more work than these previous two ideas and not as important.

Ia also hate that. I was used to acdsee and now every time I try to move image I make selection.

It would be really great to be able to swap mouse buttons or redefine them.

Comment

There is already a request registered for customizing keyboard shortcuts. I did express some reservations about that and would feel similarly about customized mouse actions too. That is not the same as having more defined options though.

IMHO though the real issue is what the default mouse actions should be, and I too would vote for the left mouse to drag the image (or selection) and the right mouse to bring up a (useful) context sensitive menu. The existing left mouse actions of drawing, modifying and zooming a selection would then need a modifier key (Shift or Ctrl) to be pressed. That would bring IrfanView more in line with other applications and make it easier to switch around when they do a job better.

I get the impression that many things in IrfanView are as they are because they have always been that way and there is a fear that we old stagers might complain if they were changed. Although I am a member of the If it ain't broke don't fix it school it should not be extended to If it ain't good...

Comment

Hmm, seems that feature is not likely to be implemented in near future.

I will better switch to maxview which seems to have much more same user interface

Comment

Working...
        X