Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Multi-Page PDFs in Batch Mode

Hello,
    I tend to have to convert large numbers of DJVU files to PDFs on a regular basis and, when reading the help section about the batch convert, I found this line:

Note: conversion to a multipage PDF is not yet possible in batch mode, only in the Save-as menu.

That makes it sound like it's something that's already in the works but, if not, I just wanted to cast my vote for getting it on the roadmap.

Thanks. Love the program.

Mike Lee
    Pilot Point, TX

one more vote/request for batch multipage PDF conversions, please!

Hi Mike,

I have just stumbled upon this problem as well. In my case I have a huge number of multipage PDFs that I need to compress. When I saw that it worked using "save as" I was encouraged that it would work in batch mode, but we now know that it doesn't. Since posting have you (or anyone else) found any workarounds or alternative solutions?

Irfan, if you are reading this, thank you so much for everything else the program does, it is truly amazing. If this feature is going to be implemented it would be even better!

Thank you,

Matt Rogers
    Staten Island, NY

Comment

Originally posted by mattman View Post
      In my case I have a huge number of multipage PDFs that I need to compress.Y
      You know that this makes only sense if the PDFs just contains images? Because Irfanview converts each PDF page first to a bitmap (via GhostScript) and then saves it (via ImPDF) as an ImagePDF.

In batch you may first convert the PDFs to Multipage TIFFs and then the TIFFs to PDFs.

Comment

I know, but...

Thanks for such a quick reply.

Yes, I know that this is not a good idea unless there are images, but...there are *tons* of images here.

Lets just say that the number of images has *at least 5* zeroes at the end of it...tens or hundreds of thousands of multipage PDF's, each with 4 or more 24 bit images within.

I tried the 4.25 fix posted elsewhere on this forum, and it didn't help. I downloaded the latest ImPDF (V0.73), and it didn't help with either the "official" 4.25 release or the "fix" version.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

Matt

Comment

If the number of files is quite large you should write a batch file and execute it from the command line.

Comment

Working...
          X