Right click context menu thumbnail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Right click context menu thumbnail

Pretty self explanatory, view a thumbnail of an image in the context menu by right clicking it.

Ideally one should be able to change the thuimbnail size. I am aware that IV has a thumbnail list thingy but it's not what I am getting at.

Otherwise, would it be possible to make a plug-in that could achieve this? I am not really sure what it would entail, I'd do it myself but first I would need ot learn how to code.

What are the very basics of making a plug-in? Can someone like me (not the developer) even do it?

Originally posted by AnotherUser View Post
    Pretty self explanatory, view a thumbnail of an image in the context menu by right clicking it.

Ideally one should be able to change the thuimbnail size. I am aware that IV has a thumbnail list thingy but it's not what I am getting at.

Otherwise, would it be possible to make a plug-in that could achieve this? I am not really sure what it would entail, I'd do it myself but first I would need ot learn how to code.

What are the very basics of making a plug-in? Can someone like me (not the developer) even do it?
    Sure, usually Plug-ins are indeed written by someone other than the developer of a program! For example, the excellent IrfanPaint plug-in is written by Matteo, while IrfanView itself is written by Irfan Skiljan. IrfanView has a number of plug-ins - including Adobe Plug-ins, the OCR Plug-in, e-Mail Plug-in, Save for Web Plug-in, Multimedia Plug-in, etc.

You would of course need to know a fair bit about software development, image file formats and image manipulation at the very least, to be able to write a plug-in for IrfanView. And, the developer's permission to integrate your plug-in to the program as well!
    Last edited by WellOiledPC; 07.11.2009, 11:35 AM. Reason: Grammatical errors in my original posting - Grrrrr!
    Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
    IrfanView Website - Here
    Sam_Zen's Website - Here
    Author's Website - Here

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherUser View Post
      ... What are the very basics of making a plug-in?
      Can someone like me (not the developer) even do it?
      see the plugin information for IrfanView:

Comment

Working...
      X