Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions: Associated file extensions, working directory in batch mode...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Suggestions: Associated file extensions, working directory in batch mode...

Hi

Two suggestions(/questions) - I think they would be very useful:
    In "Properties/Settings" >> "Extensions":
    +option "Associate only not associated types" (not associated already in system - to avoid taking from other programs, like now).

In "Batch conv/ren" mode:
    +option/button "change input directory as loaded image directory" (if any loaded already...) - because it's a bit difficult to change working directory each time manually, working on many separated dirs & imgs...
    (BTW: remembering last used dir - like now - is also very useful option, thx)

(I didn't find such options and discussions. Have they been discussed? (where?) sorry...)

regards,

Hi Segu,

Welcome in IrfanView Support Forum!

1.) You want an option: "Associate only not (with other programs) associated types" ... - to avoid taking from other programs ...
    • I think that's impossible ... !

2.) You want an option: "change input directory as loaded image directory"
    • I think such option always exist!
    • see program menu of IrfanView: \File\Batch Conversion/Rename...\ the option "Use current ('look in') directory"

regards
    Frank

Comment

Hi

> 2.) You want an option: "change input directory as loaded image directory"

> * I think such option always exist!
      > * see program menu of IrfanView: \File\Batch Conversion/Rename...\ the option "Use current ('look in') directory"

It's for output files (after input directory is choosen), isn't it?
      But I need for input - before creating input file list (for files next to this one already loaded in background...).

regards
      Michal

Comment

Originally posted by Segu View Post
        But I need for input - before creating input file list (for files next to this one already loaded in background...).
        Hhmm, I've tried the option "Last used folder" - but the "Batch Conversion" doesn't take this option!
        The option "Last used folder" isn't valid in Batch Conversion mode! It's valid only for the last viewed pictures in picture viewing mode!

The "Batch Conversion" remembers the last open path of the last "Batch Conversion" (see configuration file 'i_view32.ini'),
        but there doesn't exist an option "First to take over the path/folder of the last opened pictures"!

see:

(Click to view full size!)

Therfore you are right - your wanted option doesn't exist!
        Possibly it would be good, if such a choice exists!
        But possible is also, that such an option would confuse too much!

regards
        Frank
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          Hi Segu,
          1.) You want an option: "Associate only not (with other programs) associated types" ... - to avoid taking from other programs ...
          No, it's possible and also quite easy.
          IrfanPaint developer
          The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
          IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
            No, it's possible and also quite easy.
            The GIMP has such option during installation process ("select unused" [file extensions to associate] - or sth like this, I don't remember exactly), for example.

Comment

• see program menu of IrfanView: \File\Batch Conversion/Rename...\ the option "Use current ('look in') directory"

regards
              Frank

Hi Segu,

Welcome in IrfanView Support Forum!

regards
              Frank

I to would like to use the "change input directory as loaded image directory" option, but when reading files in I'm icluding all subfolders and would like to be able to set the output to the same sub folder.

Is this possible or should this be a feature request maybe?

- James

Comment

Working...
              X