"auto adjust colors" using older style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested "auto adjust colors" using older style

The shift U control is wonderful and I've been using it since it first came out. BUT it works differently for maybe the last 4 or 5 versions. Now, if you select a part of the image it ONLY adjusts the colors of that selected area. Before, it worked much better. It sampled that selected area then adjusted the whole image.

The way it is now would be great if you could make a more advanced selection area. But since we can only select rectangles it only creates a fake looking area that can be adjusted.

I used to use it if a picture of a person was back-lit and underexposed. I could select on the person and let shift U blow out the background while bringing up the subject to what it should have been. I could even let the selection choose varying amounts of the background to "fine tune" the results.

Any chance of letting it go back to the old way it worked?

Guy Moscoso

Before, it worked much better. It sampled that selected area then adjusted the whole image
    Hm, I never noticed this in the past, but I admit that I didn't use Auto Adjust very much then.
    Could you give an indication with which version you would still get this situation ?
    I like to test this, because it would mean quite a different algoritm.

Now, it's just rendered using the selected area.
    If so, then this previous method would mean :
    - taking a color-profile from the selected area, than
    - imply the adjustment on the whole picture.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

version 4.00 was the last that worked "correctly"

OK I checked and can see that Version 4.00 was the last version to do it correctly.
      It was changed after that and the version history says version 4.10 "Auto adjust colors works with selections"

Now you could say that what is written is true, but who has need to auto adust colors of a simple rectangle within a picture?
      The older versions could do auto adjust based on the colors chosen in the selection rectangle. I really miss it, especially as I had already written in my first post to try to recover a photo that has a very strong back-light.

Comment

Working...
      X