Add more Mouse/Keyboard settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Add more Mouse/Keyboard settings

Irfanview is very few customizable about keys.
    I'd like more hotkeys and more customizable!
    For example I think that Right Button + Scroll Wheel would be very useful and I'll use it to zoom images.
    But there could be even more, Scroll wheel with another mouse button or a keyboard key, customizable key combinations, ecc...

It is I think the greater limit of this program now.

Other feature requests:
    - As I use "window fit to image" option, I'd like mouse cursor on the Toolbar will move to the previous relative position when the window is resized. For example if I zoom an image, I have to pursue zoom button that changes its position whe window enlarge.
    - Add some buttons to the toolbar, for example a zoom slide menu, or a "zoom 100%" button. In general I'd like a more customizable toolbar!
    - Better associated files icons, different for every file type: Now I use a batch I create to associate icons i create, but there is a little problem: every time I access to irfanview options and I click "OK" button, I have exec this procedure again (irfanview sets its icon).

Thanks for this great software and for the attention!
    Last edited by calabar; 24.03.2010, 03:57 PM.

Hi again.

I notice I don't receive any answer so... is my request inappropriate, already discussed or already in a todo list?
    Excuse me if I didn't read all other requests, my English is poor and for me is difficult to read many pages.

It could appear a worthless thing, but for me mouseButton + Scroll would be very useful, the real feature missing in this program.

Comment

I am sorry that you did not get a reply to your previous post, Calabar. Some do get overlooked unfortunately.

As for your requests, are you aware that you can use the mouse scrollwheel to zoom the image if you hold down the Ctrl key? Right button+ scrollwheel is used to move on to next or back to previous images, so I doubt that you would get that reallocated. I know that with certain options set and the image zoomed, Right button+ scrollwheel does just scroll it vertically, the same as Left+ scrollwheel. IMHO the logical reallocation, if any, in that case would be to a horizontal scroll.

There are frequent requests for extra buttons on the Toolbar. It is a long, long time since any have been implemented though so I cannot offer you much hope of better luck there.

As to your last request, you do not have to associate files with Irfanview to use the program. If you open The Extensions tab in Properties/Options and check the Load Custom file types.. option, you can choose what files are seen without associating any with the program and changing the appearance of your thumbnails.

Comment

Thanks for the answer!

About Right click + ScrollWhell:
        - To move to next or previous image I simply use the scrollwheel. Right click + ScrollWhell do the same thing for me.. so it is redundant!
        - CTRL+ScrollWhell sometimes for me is uncomfortable: often my keyboard is under the table, other times (usually when I show photos to friends) I use a wireless mouse like a remote control away from the keyboard.
        - To scroll the image I use Right Click button with grasping hand function. So I don't need scroll, usually.

About the "last request":
        I'm not sure I've understood. My problem is that every time I modify Irfanview settings using options dialog, I loose icon association (but not file association).
        That's because I associated manually file icons, that because integrated icons are not good looking for me, and I didn't find another way to change icons from the program.

Comment

OK Calabar. I understand both your requests now. In the first, I assume that the Options you have set are, in Viewing Use right mouse button for... is unchecked and in Browsing/Editing Jump to next image... is checked. Pressing either left or right mouse button and dragging perform other functions of course so I do not know if what you ask is possible.

I do not use the Options set your way and do not associate many file types with Irfanview , so have no strong views about your requests, but perhaps others will want to support them now that you have explained.

Comment

IrfanView has a HUGE LIST of keyboard shortcuts! The Help section has a table that briefly explains each shortcut. Although I'm sure no one can memorize ALL the shortcuts, it is rather easy to remember, say, the 10 most common ones you use! Honestly, I do not miss Mouse/ Keyboard settings as much as you seem to!
            Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
            IrfanView Website - Here
            Sam_Zen's Website - Here
            Author's Website - Here

Comment

Thanks for the reply you too!

I miss overall Mouse "shortcuts", in order to not depend from keyboard.
              Now "CTRL+Scrollwheel" for zoom is feature I miss more. But combinations between mouse buttons (even mouse 3/4/5/... buttons, if someone can set that!) and wheel can produce a great useful number of shortcuts that can be very comfortable.

@ Mij
              Yes, these are my settings! With these buttons i think that ctrl+sw could be implemented without conflicts.
              PS: it is possible (other software do this!) to use right button both for menu and various gesture. "Right menu" if clicked and immediately released, "Gestures" if it is pressed but released later (for example to move the image as in my settings)

About file types, don't mind if associated files are few or in great number.
              Every time I modify an option and click on "OK" button, I lose icon associations I did manually, even if modified setting is on another tab.
              Last edited by calabar; 03.05.2010, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X