Disable file formats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Disable file formats

Is there a way to disable file formats in the Save As prompt?

When I want to save an image as a PNG, I have to scroll to it using the keyboard. It'd be nice to make it the only file format beginning with "P", so I could simply hit Tab, P, Enter in the "Save Picture As" dialogue.

I do not know the answer to your question but agree that it is irritating to have to scroll so far to change from something like JPG to PNG.

You can save a bit of time by starting with Tab, P and then press the down arrow to open the drop down list. You then only have to scroll the down arrow through the "P"s to get to PNG. Then Enter to close the drop down, and Enter again to save.
    Alternatively you can keep repeating the Tab, P sequence to get to PNG without opening the drop down list.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
      I do not know the answer to your question but agree that it is irritating to have to scroll so far to change from something like JPG to PNG.

You can save a bit of time by starting with Tab, P and then press the down arrow to open the drop down list. You then only have to scroll the down arrow through the "P"s to get to PNG. Then Enter to close the drop down, and Enter again to save.
      Alternatively you can keep repeating the Tab, P sequence to get to PNG without opening the drop down list.
      That's what I currently do, and it's still quite a pain

Comment

If you have your hands on the keyboard already, it might be just as quick to type the ending you want.

When you press S for Save As, the current file name appears highlighted in the File name box in the dialog. If you want a different name you can just type ".png" and the file type will change to PNG. You can then select the png file if it already exists or if not, press the Home key and continue typing the first part of the file name. If you want the same name then press the Right arrow key before adding ".png" to the end.
        Either way you can then just save it as a PNG without ever touching the Save as Type box.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
          I always use "R" instead, as it requires only two touch on the arrow-up button to select PNG
          If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.

Comment

Working...
          X