Borderless printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Borderless printing

After trying for quite some time to make borderless prints with Irfanview, I've come to the conclusion that it just isn't possible. I've tried various printers including those with borderless capability.

With normal printing, Irfanview leaves white borders on the left and at the top even when no such margins are specified. When Borderless printing is selected, the print is borderless on the left and at the top, but crops out parts of the image on those two sides, shifting the whole image left and up so that it still leaves white borders on the right and at the bottom.

All my attempts were with the print size, aspect ratio and/or image dpi precisely matched to the paper size. Example: Before printing on A6 paper, I cropped the image to 2500x3535 pixels and set the resolution to 605 dpi.

My ancient version of Photoshop (7) makes proper borderless prints without any fuss. So I'm submitting a request to provide the same capability for Irfanview. OR to tell me if I'm missing something.
    Irfanview 4.56, Windows 7U x64

As the borderless printing doesn't work with various printers, this might be actually a bug.

You may report the problem to the developer Irfan Skiljan. The contact information is in Help -> About Irfanview
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Maybe I should do that. I love Irfanview and have been using it every day for more than 20 years. I even sent a small contribution to Irfan some years ago. I'd hate to have to call up Photoshop or some other program just to do borderless prints.

I was hoping that I'd overlooked something in the print settings and asked in the Support section, but so far no one has provided enlightenment.
      Irfanview 4.56, Windows 7U x64

Comment

Working...
      X